Monday, May 25, 2009

A Letter To My EMAL Brothers

We are all at different places as we travel along the proverbial “Success Road” and yet, for each of us, a portion of this journey included a coming-of-age experience like no other: PLU Football. The impact of this experience on our lives is magnified by the friendships that we forged long ago. While time and space may have distanced us from these relationships, their potency and ability to positively impact our lives remains as strong ever.


As I travel and speak with EMALs from all generations, I am continually encouraged and uplifted by their stories. Each story is uniquely different: some are stories of achievement, others are stories filled with humor, and still others are stories of adversity. I’ve sought out these relationships and stories for two reasons:


1. When a goal is accomplished or a joyful occasion takes place in my life, or in the lives of my fellow EMALs, I feel a strong desire to celebrate and share these experiences with other EMALs. I have found that opportunities to connect in this way are uniquely fulfilling.


2. When I am faced with a challenge, I imagine the perseverance and determination that my fellow EMAL brothers must be demonstrating as they face challenges of their own. I have found that this kind of thinking encourages me.


With the power of the internet, communication that has the ability to span the entire spectrum of EMAL generations is now at the tips of our fingers. I propose that we begin to use this blog, as well as the Facebook Group with the same name, to post stories from our lives that will serve as beacons of hope, joy, and encouragement to EMALs all over the world.


Let’s leave no doubt that EMALs everywhere are making a difference and impacting our world in a unique and meaningful way.


All My Best!


EMAL #54 (Chris Inverso '01)

No comments:

Post a Comment